The General Fund Of The State Budget Received UAH 76.2 billion of Revenues In April 2022
According to the preliminary data of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine, in April 2022, the general fund of the state budget received UAH 76.2 billion of revenues.
The main sources of the state budget revenues were the following :
- value-added tax on goods produced in Ukraine - UAH 15.6 billion;
- personal income tax and military fee - UAH 9.7 billion;
- value-added tax on goods imported into the customs territory of Ukraine - UAH 7.9 billion;
- fee for the use of mineral resources - UAH 6.5 billion;
- corporate profit tax - UAH 5.7 billion;
- excise tax on goods imported into the customs territory of Ukraine - UAH 4.2 billion.
Receipts of a single fee on obligatory national social insurance in the Pension Fund and Social Insurance Funds in April of 2022 amounted to UAH 29.7 billion.
The state budget received UAH 412.5 billion, including the general fund - UAH 365.9 billion in January-April 2022.
The military invasion of the Russian Federation on February 24, 2022, into the territory of Ukraine and further deployment of hostilities inflicted a severe blow to the Ukrainian economy, which certainly affected the budget performance of the current year.
The government immediately took priority measures to reorient the state budget to military purposes and to implement the necessary social expenditures aimed at maintaining the livelihood of the population.
Thus, according to the preliminary data of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine in January-April 2022, cash expenditures of the general fund of the state budget were carried out according to the plan and amounted to UAH 523.3 billion, or 77.7% of the plan for the reporting period.
The general fund of the state budget in January-April 2022 was executed with a deficit of UAH 157.2 billion, while the planned deficit for the first quarter of 2022 was UAH 317.1 billion.
Actual state borrowings to the general fund of the state budget for January-April 2022 amounted to UAH 267.0 billion or 156.2% of the plan for this period.
UAH 143.8 billion, including UAH 13.1 billion in foreign currency (USD 252.0 million and EUR 182.0 million) was attracted for the financing of the state budget from the placement of domestic government bonds.
UAH 123.2 billion was attracted from the external sources:
- UAH 0.1 billion (USD 34.5 million) from the IBRD loan within the framework of the project "Acceleration of Investment in Agriculture of Ukraine" (No 8973-UA dated August 27, 2019).
- UAH 1.2 billion (USD 40.0 million) from the IBRD loan within the framework of the project “Second additional financing aimed at overcoming the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic” (No 9196-UA dated December 14, 2020).
- UAH 0.4 billion (USD 14 million) receipt of IBRD loan funds under the project "Additional financing for the project "Emergency Response to COVID-19 and Vaccination in Ukraine" (No 9315-UA dated 17 May, 2021);
- UAH 0.1 billion (USD 4.9 million) receipt of IBRD loan funds under the project "Emergency Response to COVID-19 and Vaccination in Ukraine" (No 9250-UA dated 17 May, 2021);
- UAH 41.3 billion (USD 1.4 billion) receipt of International Monetary Fund funds as part of additional funding under the Rapid Financing Instrument (RFI) emergency support program;
- UAH 19.5 billion (EUR 0.6 billion) of the EU loan as part of a new package of macro-financial assistance;
- UAH 8.5 billion (EUR 257.0 million) of the EIB loan proceeds from the APEX project (No 82.844 dated December 24, 2014);
- UAH 11.8 billion. (EUR 0.3 billion) receipt of IBRD loan funds under the project "Additional Loan to the Second Economic Recovery Development Policy Loan" (No 9366-UA dated March 8, 2022);
- UAH 2.7 billion (USD 91.2 million) receipt of the IBRD loan funds within the framework of the project "Second Additional Financing for COVID-19 Reagent and Vaccination in Ukraine" (9369-UA dated March 8, 2022);
- UAH 12.6 billion (EUR 382.0 million) to receive EIB loan funds under the project "Main loan for the agricultural sector" (No 85.055 dated December 28, 2015).
- UAH 2.6 billion (USD 88.6 million) receipt of IBRD loan funds under the project "Improving Higher Education in Ukraine for Results" (No. 9238-UA of December 13, 2021);
- UAH 6.9 billion (USD 236.2 million) from a loan from the Government of Canada;
- UAH 4.8 billion (EUR 150.0 million) to receive the proceeds of the loan from KfW (Project "MSME - Covid-19 financing" (Agreement of April 7, 2022).
Public debt repayments in January-April 2022 totaled UAH 135.2 billion, and debt service payments amounted to UAH 47.5 billion.